Monday, March 16, 2009

big news from pocket rockers

so i just finished the playlist for a mix-tape i have been working on - and it got me thinking - what if i there was a tv commercial for my mix-tapes - what would it be like

that thought took me back to a conversation i had earlier in the evening about Kids Inc. and Mickey Mouse Club - i would pretty much stop down my life as a kid for those two shows - i wanted to be just like Justin from MMC and Ryan from KInc - singing and dancing and hanging out with older (than me) girls.

i thought i was the missing piece on each of those shows - i envisioned myself up there being funny and clumsy and cute - walking off the stage when the show was over to adoring fans - signing autographs - waving at all the cute girls as i left the building in a pair of Ray Bans and rocking out with my newest cassette for my Pocket Rockers.

i was totally enamored with the thought of being a star - now the i am older and wiser (not really sure i am but i like to think i am) - i now realize that when Justin and Ryan walked off the stage they weren't met by adoring fans or glitz and glamour - they were met by their parents who gave them a Hi-C juice box and some Sticklets gum and rushed the away in their wood paneled station wagon

i wanted to be a big deal - i wanted people to see me and rush over to be around me - to have my autograph - i wanted them to know me for my talent and killer personality - i think most of this was caused by the fact i didn't have any friends around me cause they all lived far away (5 miles or more) - so i think i was hungry for attention

the irony of all this is today - someone referred to me as a "big deal" and i quickly shot that idea down - i didn't want to seem like a big deal - cause at the core - i don't think i am a big deal - but i did realize that a little part of my dream had come true - people do see my talent and my killer personality all over the place - they just don't know it's me - and i think i like it this way - to be anonymously admired

that being said i am going to exit the stage now and get some sleep cause MousercisE starts at 5am and Kellyn likes it when i am fully rested and breathing properly - i am also going to begin to wish for something new and completely ridiculous -------- i want pocket rockers to make a comeback

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,